Many homes in rural areas have their own water supply. Modern wells are convenient, but they also come with considerations about water quality and safety that you might be unfamiliar with if you’ve always had a public water supply. Municipal treatment plants have the responsibility to make sure their water is clean and safe. Since household water supplies are separate from the municipality, those precautions are the homeowner’s obligation.
Control Boxes for Three-Wire Well Pumps From Zoeller at Home
230 V control boxes for submersible well pumps, available in 1/2, 3/4, and 1 HP
Convertible Jet Pump
1 HP cast iron convertible jet pump for use in deep or shallow wells
Shallow Well Jet Pump
3/4 HP cast iron jet pump for shallow wells
Submersible pumps for 4" wells. 100% factory tested.
Even if your well water is safe, it may taste, smell or look different. Minerals in the area can affect your water, too. Calcium and magnesium make your water hard, and iron can give your water a tint that stains sinks, showers and other fixtures. If you live in a home with a household water supply, you need to test your water at least once a year.
How does well water stay clean? A household well system is the best way to ensure that your water is safe for your family and that it won’t damage your home. With the right system, you’ll see the advantages of well water over central water.
How Do Household Well Systems Work?
There are two types of water pumps for well water. Each functions differently and changes how your system operates depending on which one you choose. The two types of pumps for your household water supply are:
- Submersible well pumps: A submersible pump is an efficient way to pull water from deep wells. When you submerge one of these pumps, it pushes water upward for good water pressure and more volume.
- Jet well pumps: Jet pumps are aboveground units that work best with shallow wells. Powered by electricity, they use suction pipes to draw water from the ground to your home. Jet pumps are often part of a pump pressure tank system, and some models are compatible with wells up to 100 feet deep. You must fill your jet pump with water before use.
Once the water is above the ground, you should run it through a filtration system. With the proper equipment, like well pumps and jet well pumps from Zoeller at Home, your household well system will transport clean and safe drinking water throughout your home.
Advantages of Well Systems Over Central Water
While municipal treatment facilities provide life-sustaining water to families across the country, city water might not be the best option for your home. Having a household well system has several benefits for you and your family:
- Putting an end to water bills: Never pay a water bill again when you install your own household well system.
- Investing in durable systems: Making this one-time purchase and paying for maintenance takes the place of your water bills for an average of 20 to 30 years.
- Keeping your water source separate: Water at municipal treatment facilities can sustain contamination. Having a well lets you control what’s in your water. You can even ensure you don’t filter out beneficial minerals.
Trust Well Pumps From Zoeller at Home
If a household well system is the right choice for your family, choose a well pump designed with quality, durability and longevity in mind. Zoeller at Home is proud to offer our customers the best pumps for their household water supply. Contact us online 或者 find a local retailer for more information!